"You can do anything you set your mind to, your smart and persistent, any help I can give you I will, Ill always be there to help and support you."
This is a quote from the closest person to a hero Ive ever had in my life. To me the role of a hero is almost impossible to fill, how can anyone be a "hero" ? To me this word is thrown a round and taken to lightly. The word hero holds such a profound value that no human can live up to the standard I feel that role entails. I say this because although a person may have all the qualities I view as perfect, no one is invincible. To be a hero is to be superhuman, I view the word hero as a super hero and they are invincible . That why they are portrayed as imaginary, super strong, unbeatable, powerful, fictional characters. The person in my paper is the closest person to my idea as a hero, that Ive ever had in my life.
The way I came to this sentiment is through an experience I had when I was in sixth grade up to the summer before the ninth grade. Growing up I was the girl that played with the boys, rough housed with my brothers and dominated in the recess games at school. Most of my closest friends were boys, one in particular was my friend Levi. We started being Friends in sixth grade and were even better friends in middle school. This is who I met my hero through. Levi's step dad Mark was the rock of the family. He was a kind, caring, fun, sensitive person, who was always there for anyone he sensed needed him. I was quickly swept up and in admiration at how amazing and lucky this family was for having a person like this in their lives. The main things he did in my life that made him seem heroic was how I knew he loved me, believed in me and how he changed my life and made me want to be like him.
After the first moment I met the family it was like I had found somthing I had been missing my whole life and never noticed. How can you know you are missing somthing you never had? I quickly found my self being invited to every family function whether it was a dinner, a day trip, a vacation or even just watching a movie or going to a concert, i was always included. I always felt loved and welcome when ever I was with the family excpecially by Mark. He would always offer a hug or a comforting word when ever I came around. He was like the father I wish I had, and treated me like one of his own children. I remember one time imparticular that really made me feel loved. We were at a huge dinner with around twenty or thirty of their close family members and friends. Mark walked around the house and intoduced me as his long lost daughter. He told every one we talked to about how I was "the new addition to the family" and many other things that made my heart swell with emotions. It was things like this and how i was inclouded in the family as one of their own that always made me fill loved. This is what made Mark such a big partof my life.
Another reason for mark being my "hero" was how he always believed in me and supported me. I remember one time me and the family were headed out of the house to go out to dinner or some other family outing. Every one was already down stair going out the front door, but I was a little further behind comming down the stair case that let to the room before the front door. Mark was waiting for me since everyone had already left the house and was going out to the car. As i got to the bottom of the stairs Mark gave me a hug and I remember he started a conversation about school with me and what I was planning on doing after I graduated. He then said somthing i wont forget "You can do anything you set your mind to, your smart and persistent, any help I can give you I will, Ill always be there to help and support you." I dont quite remember what all we talked about but I do rember him incouraging me about going to college and saying how he would always be there to talk to when I needed him. It was things like this that made him a supporting pillar in my life and how no matter what we were doing he always had time to talk to me and encourage me.
P.5 incorporate new thesis
p6 Conclusion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment